Sunday 20 July 2014

So I read a really good book the other day and I wholly recommed it to everyone

A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier


It was a fine night to die.

Okay so this book was something I had had my eye on for a few months. The blurb makes it sound so Book Thief-esque (A book I truly loved) and so I waited for it to be published. 

The reading started on my lunch break at work, just after I finished the Grisha trilogy (FANTASTIC SERIES!) and I needed something to read which made me chance upon this on my ebook. Oh was I glad to find this, I was instantly hooked and even guessed a few possible plot twists (which some came true). But I had it finished by the middle of my train journey home, it was that good! 

However I would push this as a book for historical fiction fans or fans of similar books like Michael Morpurgo's War Horse or The Boy in the Striped Pajamas etc. That pre/post ww1 and ww2 theme is quite a strong link between these books but I do strongly suggest you read these!

No comments:

Post a Comment