Thursday 15 September 2016

Warrior Witch (The Malediction Trilogy #3) by Danielle L. Jenson

Published by: Angry Robot
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy, YA, Romance.
Tagline: Sometimes, one must become the unimaginable
Rating: ****

Warrior Witch picks up from the events of Hidden Huntress with a bang. Okay not literally, but you get the point. We're inserted back into the narratives of Cecile and Tristan, something that started in the second book, and it is hard to describe how this book made me feel. It's the last book. Kept continuously on my toes, I tried to force myself to finish this book in the brief slow parts, but when I was past them, then it was straight forward and easy going. 

We start with Cecile who's desperately trying to save the people of Trollus and of course, her husband. She's strong and fierce in one moment, and vulnerable the next. A perfect queen, even if she doesn't know it yet. Tristan on the otherhand comes across as a right pain. There's something about the gap between the books that has made me grow to dislike him. 

However. it's a good ending. A bit different, but good.

You can buy Warrior Witch from Amazon UK now.







No comments:

Post a Comment