Friday 3 July 2015

Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine

Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine


Published by: HarperCollins UK, HarperCollins Childrens
Genre: Young adult romance, coming of age, 
Tagline: Love is the greated work of art


This book was absolutely fantastic. I read this on my commute to work and managed to devour the entire thing.

Iris is a fantastic character who has been kept from her father by a greedy and money-orientated mother and step-father. After a long time Iris's father is dying and wants his family around him as he slowly deteriorates. Iris's mother takes this as an opportunity to see how much money she can get out of him as apparently he collects rare paintings that are now worth quite a bit. However Iris gets a shock. Her father is actually quite cool and understanding that his daughter will be distant with him and even accepts her fiery secret.

What more can I say?

This book is amazing. I laughed and cried. Yes I cried on a packed bus. However I want to add that this a book for all ages and genders.


The book is available from bookstores from the 2nd July and can be bought on Amazon UK here and on Waterstones here

No comments:

Post a Comment