Wednesday 1 July 2015

Partials (The Partials Sequence #1) by Dan Wells

Partials (The Partials Sequence #1) by Dan Wells


Published by: Balzer + Bray
Genre: Young Adult dystopian, sci-fi
Tagline: The Only Hope for Humanity isn't Human

I only got through  18% of the book before I closed down the app and stared out the window for the remainder of my journey into Manchester from where I live.

The book follows the aftermath of some sort of virus that prevents babies from living after a set amount of days and so the youngest member of the area they reside in is 13 maybe 14 years old which is slightly worrying. However that's not the weirdest part, that comes when the reader discovers all females from the age of sixteen must try to become pregnant which rings the freaky alarm bell loud and clear. 

Therefore Kira who I assume to be the protagonist goes about her days as a medical intern and whatnot. I didn't get far enough to be bothered to learn more about her. She's kinda meh in all fairness. What happened to badass female characters in a dystopian world? But she's got a love interest *sigh*. I honestly could not care what happened to her, I was just annoyed that I had spent time wasted on the book I thought would be amazing. 

The book can be bought on Amazon UK here, Waterstones here and on Amazon US here

No comments:

Post a Comment