Tuesday 27 September 2016

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1) by Alexandra Bracken

Published by: Disney Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian, Paranormal/Sci-Fi
Rating: *****

The Darkest Minds follows the story of Ruby, a now sixteen-year-old girl who's life changed dramatically when she was ten. Unsure of what happened, her ten-year-old self is dragged away from her home and thrust into Thurmond, a place that is eerily similar to the concentration camps of World War Two. However, with the younger generation mysteriously succumbing to various illnesses, and in one case actually dying, the reader is immediately left with questions that can only be answered by reading the series.

I found the book compelling. It had been a long overdue read since fellow blogger and longtime friend, Louise of Reading the Riot Act, recommended the book to me almost two years ago. Yet, it was only after reading Bracken's newest novel, Passengers, that I felt as if I wanted to finally read more of her writing, and the book that had been raved about everywhere.

It's different. I found myself thinking of Yancey's Fifth Wave through how certain elements of the dystropian world were presented to the reader. However, don't confuse the two books as similar. They're completely different and just amazing in their own right.

I find that the more I try and tell you why you should read it, the more I have to stop myself due to the issue of spoilers. That being said, I believe you should all go to the library, or just buy the book and decide for yourself how beautiful this book truly is.

The Darkest Minds can be purchased from Amazon UK now.

No comments:

Post a Comment