Tuesday 10 November 2015

The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle

The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle


Published by: Corgi Childrens.
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Tagline: Accidents happen, our bones shatter, our hearts break, we stay alive.
Rating:**** (Literally scraped it)

What could I say about this book?

The protagonist is seventeen year-old Cara whose family have a period every year where something bad happens. It's literally thirty-so days of lots and lots of injuries caused by tumbling bridges, falling off a bed and more. But don't worry, noone thinks they're getting abused or anything which would probably be one of the things school might consider. Yet noone truly knows why their family are targeted and it's up to Cara to try and find some answers. Joined by bestfriend Bea and step-brother Sam, Cara goes on a big dramatic journey involving supernatural themes and a ghost student.

My actual opinion of the book is that it unfortunately got interesting towards the last five or so chapters. I struggled or rather avoided finishing the book because it wasn't that interesting. I know people who have absolutely adored the novel and sing it's praises but I can't.

I think one thing I enjoyed was the twist. But then that didn't do much. It was kinda blah at parts but there was a lot of imagery that made me see their ficticious world. There's so much inside Doyle's mind that I really really want her to write about (there's a lot of fairytales inside the book that are amazing!).

The Accident Season can be bought from Amazon UK and Amazon US.

No comments:

Post a Comment