Wednesday 12 September 2018

Caraval (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber

Caraval by Stephanie Garber is one of those books that has had the literary industry, particularly the Young Adult genre, in a state of excitement for a debut author. 


Published by: Flatiron Books
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Tagline: Remember, It's only a game
Rating: *****

Sold to the readers with an exciting blurb of:

Whatever you've heard about Caraval, it doesn't compare to the reality. It's more than just a game or a performance. It's the closest you'll ever find to magic in this world . . .

Welcome, welcome to Caraval―Stephanie Garber’s sweeping tale of two sisters who escape their ruthless father when they enter the dangerous intrigue of a legendary game.


The Review:

First, of all, I was beyond impressed with this novel. With tickets to meet Stephanie in Manchester, I admit I only read her novel two days prior to the event which meant the book would be firmly in my mind, or erasing the memory of my reading for university. However, this meant that I was forced into a situation I am hardly ever in. The dreaded moment where your best friend had read the novel before me. 


But I found the tale of the two sisters quite entertaining. I had my ups and down, a few moments of messaging said friend for spoilers because it had me on the edge of my seat guessing. All in all, the novel was fantastic. Especially considering all the reviews and positive reception it had, and still is being given.

Yet, I was lucky enough to have met Stephanie on her UK tour in Manchester. Her conversation with fellow readers, writers and bloggers was incredibly inspiring. Different to the some of the authors I've met in these situations, I felt as if hers was probably the most inspiring and relatable. If only my writing career could be as successful as hers.

Additional Information/titbits:

Caraval can be purchased at almost every major bookseller across the world - Stephanie Garber has confirmed this through the recent publications across Europe. Please be aware that there is six alternate covers which makes it super fun to see which one you'll end up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment