Sunday 25 May 2014

Some Upcoming YA adaptations (Confirmed and Rumoured)

So as you may all have seen or heard, a few of our beloved books and their series are going to appear on the big screen. To get you up to date on this, here's a list of some of those.

1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
By far was this an amazing series, continued slightly in spinoff Bloodlines (Another series to read) but the film released in February of this year was a pleasant adaptation that was changed a bit to make it more commercial. A great film though but it'll be available to own on DVD and Blu-Ray now (if you're American) but sometime soon UK peeps!

2.Divergent by Veronica Roth
I died reading this series. It was this time last year I read it and I was by far most impressed. The film was released a couple of months ago but should soon be available on DVD and Blu-Ray - keep your eyes peeled for that and the sequel Insurgent coming next year.

3.The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Obviously this book was going to land on this list because it's rumoured to be one of the films of the year, to a teen audience of course. The book is fantastic, a book I infact bought twice because I thought my ebook version had missed a chapted when in fact that was the end.

4.Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Of course I had to mention the upcoming part 1 of two films that would conclude The Hunger Games. Man I cried to much reading this book, not for emotional parts but because it was the last book. Yes I do get that attached to series. However much talk about this novel is mainly about the ending, should Collin's have ended it like so or not?

5.Fallen by Lauren Kate
Yes the book we all thought was really good but then took a nosedive as the later of the series got farfetched and just...boring? I don't know, the series captured me at Fallen but that last book was a disappoinment.

6.If I Stay by Gayle Forman
What can I say, this book was wonderful. That is all.

7.Legend by Marie Lu (Rumoured)
I honestly couldn't finish it, I didn't like the direction it was going in but my best friend read it and loved it. Her review is much better than mine.

8. Matched by Ally Condie (Rumoured)
Eugh. This book started so well but it moved way into the Twilight zone of silly love triangles. Again my best friend Louise has a better review (She finished the series)

9. House of Night: Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast (Rumoured)
I adored this series, okay there are a few major parts where you're like she's a teenager and this isn't realistic but yeah, once you're in that world, there isn't a way out.

10.The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (Rumoured)
Woohoo!

11.Significance by Shelly Crane (Rumoured)
Okay so this is a tv adaption (I HOPE!) Man I love this series so much and I really really really hope it gets made well. However Crane did recently reveal she plans to extend the series (woop!)

12.Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Rumoured)
Another brilliant series! I honestly hope they do it right

13.Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Rumoured)
So this is one of my bestie's favourite book series that I tried and failed to complete. It's a brilliant idea, great storytelling but dual pov isn't for me unless I really get attached to both. Rainbow Rowell for me remain's my favourite.

14.Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (Rumoured)
Discovering this today, I am extremely pleased and happy to write about this, hopefully it will be confirmed but it's a nice bit of news that will brighten my day so yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment