Friday 15 August 2014

The Lunar Chronicles...

So after my recent trip to Barrow-In-Furness, I was lent a pile of books and in that pile was Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I've always expressed a hesitation of reading this series because a cyborg cinderella retelling was never something that appealed to me. I normally hate retellings of storys I love but somehow I managed to fall for this book. It was just wonderful to read and I was quite attached to the characters.

The second novel Scarlet is based upon Red Riding Hood and I REALLY loved this one!! This was the book where the reader really falls for the main guy. And Wolf really is to die for. He's a man of mixed reviews though so if a badboy-slash-rugged and handsome man is your thing, then Wolf is beautiful. Him and Scarlet continue the first book, though they flicker back and forth to Cinder which is done quite wonderfully. Most authors do this a bit good-bad, mainly bad but I was happy that it was something that still appealed to me.

Cress, the third book in the series wasn't the best book. I admit I enjoyed it but I found her a raher babyish character, something you'll discover why in the book. But again the series remained strong and good things happened!

So this is why you should all go read this series

No comments:

Post a Comment