Saturday 6 September 2014

End of August, early September and starting University

So I've been a little absent, not my fault entirely. Okay maybe it is but still I've been busy reading AND working so I get my reading challenge completed quicker and more money come payday (yeah!).

Lately I read The Jewel by Amy Ewing (Review below), Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre, Prophecy by Ellen Oh, After Dark by Emi Gayle and Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan. Some of them were okay, okay well they were bearable.

After Dark and Mortal Danger were the novels I by far hated. I didn't finish either of them due to their terribleness. Both books were interesting in their plots but never followed through with tht brilliant idea. Mortal Danger was a book that was very Mean Girls-esque in that bullied girl turned pretty suddenly becomes a bitch and revenge ensues. I got sick of that when the story became very tedious and just silly.

Maid of Secrets was a brilliant arc I read. I honestly couldn't get enough of it, I even cried out at work reading it because I was pleasantly surprised with how wonderful it was! Best book set in Elizabethan england!!

Trial by Fire by Joesephine Angelini was the best arc I've ever read. I seriously enjoyed her goddess series and this book did not dissappoint. I've recommended it to everyone I know! Cannot wait to buy the published version

But my September books so far are:

Heir of Fire (I already own a signed paperback but I had to get an arc because I'm seriously not spoiling that baby)
Premonition series (Again because I love Reed!)
Solitaire
Wildefire
Ugly Love
Shatter Me
Tiger's Curse

No comments:

Post a Comment