Monday 13 October 2014

Burn For Burn trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Burn For Burn trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Kat, Mary and Lillia

Lillia, Kat & Mary



Kat, Lillia & Mary

So I just finished this series at around 4 this morning alongwith the wonders of being sick. (Just clarifying the book did not make me sick). Words cannot fully describe the emotions running through my mind okay well there's the fact I'm sick so I'm full of pity at myself  aka damned sickness bugs :(. However this book started out for me as the characters Lillia, Mary and Kat as the authors themselves.

Asian Lillia is Jenny Han, Kat is Siobhan Vivian and Mary maybe a mix of them or representing some other person. I loved Han and Vivian's writing styles. They're wonderful and together they make a fantastic pair. When I finished Fire with Fire late last night, my mind was screaming at them with that clever plot twist. I was immensely hooked onto reading Ashes to Ashes and shortly got annoyed with it. Yes Mary *Spoiler* is dead. I did not expect that but why the hell did she go all evil on the two girls who actually saw her for her. It seemed too Carrie-esque for me in that over the top dramatic girls way.

The whole series though was brilliant. I wish there was more because by the end I didn't like Lillia that much. Yeah she's the golden child but she still gets with Lindy despite Kat wanting him and her breaking his heart. No logic there. It just seemed like she settled. I totally called her and Reeve breaking up because he's a douchebag. I just want more Kat and Mary. Noone says anything about what happened to Mary. What happened to Mary?

Also look at the covers! They're beautiful and I just want to note that they shift to show the focus of the character in that book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment