Monday 13 October 2014

Light & Shadow trilogy by Moira Katson

Light & Shadow trilogy by Moira Katson


Judging from my Goodreads quick review I literally said that it caught my attention but lost it. That's mainly because it starts so well, and then just dies. It literally dies like a flame on a candle. By the second book I found myself sighing and rolling my eyes becuase it's ridiculous. The whole rebellion is pretty silly too. If I wanted to read a book about court politics I'd probably read Philippa Greggory or Kiera Cass because they can do it far better and a lot more in detail than this.

The characters annoyed me. Lady Muriel is one of the more petulant, spoilt bitches in the entire book world. My plam itched to slap her numberous times despite her uncle beating her anyway (what is up with that?!) But she ended up doing a total 180 and being the nice bitch. No. Just no. It doesn't happen well because she falls for the kings relative, then the king, then the relative who dumps her like a sack of rubbish. Noone loves you Muriel and the only reason Catwin is there is because of some stupid prophercy which is a big bag of lies! There's nothing in this series that suggests it apart from her being betrayed which fyi happens ALOT

No comments:

Post a Comment