Monday 1 December 2014

The Unearthly series (up to date so far) by Laura Thalassa

The Unearthly series (up to date so far) by Laura Thalassa


Book one: The Unearthly

Okay first thing I have to ask is why in almost every paranormal series based and set around a boarding school for 'gifted' students all have that protagonist who is absolutely beautiful but has that Bella Swan complex? It gets old quick and to be frank it's tragic.

The book itself as a whole is really good. I enjoyed it a lot and last week which was when I read it, I didn't know I was searching for a book like this with a fairly decent plot. Her love interest, Andre is the King of the Vamps, he's not that attractive, he's just a really really annoying overprotective and comanding man who basically deserves a slap (or a million).

Book two: The Coveted

This was such a strong sequel! I actually felt like doing a quick dance when I finished this. Normally I get really annoyed because the sequel isn't that good or it's just terrible but this completely blew me away. I got more and more into the world Thalassa created and kept developing. My only complaint? The Devil, the crime fiction that crept in and finally the adoptive mother of Gabrielles. I'd think the fact she died in the first book and then was talking to her made no sense.

Book three: The Cursed

And she escapes the Devil. Gabrielle by now must be a highly unfortunate soul who's also very fortunate. The Devil keeps appearing in this book, obviously because if she dies once more then she's his forever (ew). It spurs on and on, the big sex scene between Andre and Gabrielle which doesn't happen. FYI. It's all a bit out of hand in this book but all I can say is applaud the author because I want that next book!


No comments:

Post a Comment