Wednesday 11 February 2015

Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1) by Maria V.Snyder


Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1) by Maria V.Snyder



My initial reaction to recieving this before publication is still hard to describe. I think jumping up and down, screaming and then calming myself down for a moment to then realise I'd be getting to read more about Yelena and Valek.

So Shadow Study is a new series created in the wonderful world by Snyder that carries on from both the Poison study and Glass Study series so we all get our favourite characters and can live the dream every fan has. 

I was super happy to read more into Valek because he's that mysterious character who never truly opens up as much as you want but this book makes you part of him and I loved that! Yelena in her typical fashion encounters problems she wants to solve herself minus Valek (as per) and it turns into something much larger but still she says nothing. A silly thing but something we've grown to expect from her character. Valek on the otherhand is still in the castle but there's a few moments with an assassin that encourages him to think about his own past ie training to be an assassin etc which as I've said is fascinating as hell!

By getting an early copy I was excited as hell until i finished it. Then it dawned on me that I would have to wait for the sequel to be finished to actually be satisfied (and I doubted that, this series will be on heck of a series) and have the answers to my questions.


*note to readers, I have tried immensely hard to avoid giving away spoilers because anything I could say apart from the above would spoil the book or make you guess what happens and I deeply recommend that you read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment