Wednesday 11 February 2015

Locked (Locked#1) by Eva Morgan


Locked (Locked#1) by Eva Morgan


So this was a book that has made it on my all time favourite books ever list. I'm not even joking, I LOVED this book!

Because of the recent BBC adaptation and updated version of Sherlock Holmes, a lot of authors are writing about this modern and perhaps socially awkward Sherlock Holmes but never had I had the honour of reading about a young Sherlock who was growing up as this genius. I loved how Morgan inserted his witty and deductive skills. kept him as annoying and lovable as he is whilst ensuring the readers are captivated by a beautiful story. However the protagonist isn't Sherlock, it's a young Irene Adler who I found was portrayed a lot different than her appearance in the TV show and the books. I found this Adler to be rather ordinary BUT fantastic as an opposite to Sherlock. She was on par with him, able to make him see the error of his ways, to confuse him but also managed to bring a side of Sherlock that I hope to see again very soon in the sequel!






No comments:

Post a Comment