Wednesday 17 June 2015

As Red As Blood (Limukki Andersson #1) by Salla Simukka

As Red As Blood (Limukki Andersson #1)  by Salla Simukka 


Published by: Skyscape
Genre:YA romance, Fairy tale retelling

What could I possibly say about this book?

I think it was a retelling of Snow White as her name means that but otherwise I was incredibly lost. 

The books rather stereotypical russian gangster/mob crossed with what feels like another separate story but when the two stories mix, it's just highly confusing. Lumikki isn't anything alike Snow White in looks. The reader gets the impression she's a loner but then is told she's fantastic at blending into crowds etc. It's weird. I didn't understand half the book, I just read blindly in hopes it would make sense at the end.... It didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment