Tuesday 2 June 2015

Wide Awake (Wide Awake #1) by Shelly Crane



Wide Awake (Wide Awake #1) by Shelly Crane


So I planned to read this book a long while ago, probably two years but since the submission of all my assignments for uni, I've been able to get through most of my to-read list on Goodreads. 

Well, well, well. What can I say about this book? 

Firstly it's brilliantly written and when I reached the end, there was a note from the author that revealed she had a tumour whilst writing this and how it escaped her deadlines. I was amazed how strong Crane is, I still am having read most of her series to date and loving them. However back to the book. 

It follows the story of Emma who's recently been in accident, losst her memory and is trying to recover memories and pick up the pieces of her life. I found the whole idea and plot fantastic, because you really get a sense of the characters, Emma's pain and turmoil at not knowing who she is anymore and the fact there's this good-lucking guy that's looking after her. But I connected with her and really got to understand all of her pain as if I were Emma.



No comments:

Post a Comment