Monday 13 July 2015

Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries #11) by Meg Cabot

Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries #11) by Meg Cabot


Published by: William Morrow Paperbacks
Genre: New adult, romance


One stage of my reaction to the announcement of the book
When I heard there was a new Princess Diaries novel last year, I cried tears of joy, happyness and excitement. I've grown up reading Meg Cabot. I read her adult books through my mother (who probably didn't realise I was reading the Boy series or Queen of Babble whilst she was working or not near me). Nonetheless I grew up reading her. Embarassingly I got into the Princess Diaries later than I should have. I was busy with Jinx, the Mediator series (Jesse <3) and Airhead. But as I cracked open the nnth book (i was a late reader and got them in the wrong order) I found myself reaching out for my library card and ordering the series.
Months later and I managed to get ready for the tenth book which we all assumed to be the last (and thank the lord it wasn't). Oh how I wept over how Michael and Mia got back together, laughed through Lana's neverending dialogues. I just loved the life of the dysfunctional POG (Princess of Genovia). Of course we all knew there was something about JP that didn't add up but still we held faith in our clumsy and awkward princess. 

It worked out though! 

The eleventh book is targetted for a more adult audience as us Princess Diaries readers have matured and grown into young woman who are secretly still wondering what would Mia do. Yes I question my choices through seeing how book characters would choose them. But Cabot hasn't lost her touch. I smiled and cried through the book. *Spoiler* I'm more ashamed that Frank is dead. I LOVED Frank and Helen!! *End Spoiler* 

But Grandmere is still the same. We couldn't have a book without her. And there's more of a realistic theme to the books. Readers will witness firsthand the problems of a couple separated by work but Mia and Michael manage to make it happen. They even have a surprise. But overall, all readers will reminisce about the good old days where we used to be able to read about Mia and we managed to glean information about what it's like to be older. 

Now we're left wanting to go back to those days where everything was brilliant and innocent. But at least this book channels those emotions into making you want that twelfth novel. Especially with the addition of a little sister. But again who knows what will happen to the Genovian royal family or with the Royal Wedding.


Royal Wedding is available from Waterstones here and on Amazon UK here.

US readers can purchase the book here.




No comments:

Post a Comment