Wednesday 12 August 2015

The Wanderers by Kate Ormand

The Wanderers by Kate Ormand



Published by: Sky Pony Press
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Release Date: September 1st 2015

I want to thank Sky Pony Press for sending me not just aa copy but an actual physical copy. 

The Wanderers follows the story of Flo, a young shapeshifter who transforms into a horse. But as a young sixteen year old, she has a lot of anxiety that comes with being a teenager especially one who now has to perform in the circus. Where are her parents one might ask? We don't exactly know. Its hinted that they're dead but Flo is alone. Her life is just the circus, it's all she's ever known. 

But as usual there's a boy involved. 

And he is adorable! I genuinely adored reading their relationship as it developed from friends to boyfriend and girlfriend by the end. I admit though there were parts I was a little iffy about. I just felt like there could be more to the romance or a little more something, yet that could be because I've been reading intense romance style novels like End of Days or Every Last Breath. It's different. But good different.

The circus show as they do in real life have threats. But for this particular pack, it's in the form of EOS aka hunters. The reader gets very little about them. Just snippets at first but that's okay because we're still learning about the world the book is set in. I genuinely liked the way it was so subtle and so not over the top in mentioning like Teen Wolf or other similar genre books/shows. It was simple.

I think overall the book was fantastic. I loved how quick and easy it was to read, especially considering I was reading it at seven in the morning or nine at night.There was no complex things that meant I had to stop and think and so that's why I really really liked the book.

The Wanderers can be bought from Amazon UK and Amazon USA from September 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment