Monday 29 September 2014

Queen of Hearts series by Colleen Oakes

Queen of Hearts (book 1 &2) by Colleen Oakes

Pardoning my quick post, I have foregone my usual splitting up of a series. However these books are part of a volume, an ebook series that's quite fascinating. I haven't got much to say without spilling the entirety of the series but yeah.

Book One is titled: The Crown

So the series is based around Wonderland and the wonderful characters alive in the famed book series. Dinah, the daughter of the King of Hearts is introduced as a spoilt, petulant and an overall bich who's in love with a servant. yes Knave I'm speaking about you. It's a very simple plot. You don't pity the bitch and she get a new half-sibling that is reminiscent of Anne Hathaway's character in the famed Tim Burton adaptation, all white and sweet but really annoying that you just want to yell Off with her head. But the book is different. I found it intriguing but parts of it don't make sense. Why does Dinah take interest in aspects of the book she shouldn't and why do we follow a mystery plot to have it wiped out immediately. The ending is good though. I like Morte.


Book Two is titled: The Wonder

One wonders whether the plot of this sequel will be better than the first or just flop dramatically. It doesn't flop too much. It just kinda withers a little. I liked more Wonderland characters were reintroduced and a "huge" plot twist revealed but either way I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment