Sunday 12 October 2014

Inland by Kat Rosenfield

Inland by Kat Rosenfield



This book was greatly confusing but not. I loved Rosenfield's style of writing. It was eery and beautiful all at once. The book follows Callie aka Callypso and her life after her mother drowned and the medical condition she has from that incident (she has bad lungs and panic attacks). Her father is the stern professor who buries himself in work only stopping to tell Callie off. It's a bit of a weird book this. I loved the cover, the blurb and the characters. 

"The Ocean doesn't give it's dead back"

Yeah so quotes like this made me understand and become more interested into this tale and what on earth was going on. I love the power behind them but at the same time needed more. The big mystery in the book was mermaids. I  caught patches and few words that when I'd finished the novel finally clicked into place but I honestly thought the mother was a little insane and she was slightly too. Parts of me did think there was some sort of mythological meaning behind the book but I shrugged that off as no review I'd read said mermaids.

Who knows? All I know is that I LOVE Rosenfield's style and hope maybe I can write like this one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment