Thursday 4 June 2015

Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog #1) by Anne Blankman

Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog #1) by Anne Blankman


Published by: Balzer + Bray
Genre: Historical Romance, Young Adult
Tagline: To uncover the truth, she must deny her past...


The novel develops as Gretchen matures and realises somethings aren't right but paired with her best friend Eva Braun, she tries to manouver her way through love, family problems and whether her father truly died a hero or was he betrayed by his own people.
The book was absolutely brilliant and if I said anymore, then I think I would ruin the book for everyone. I honestly loved the book and the sequel is on my to-read list.

Prisoner of Night and Fog wasn't the kind of book I would normally pick up. However I loved it. From page one, the reader is hooked into the world of protagonist Gretchen Müller whose "uncle" is Adolf Hitler. Yup. That little fact alone made me want to read it, as not many World War Two based novels make this situation sound interesting but Blankman did and it's fantastic!

Yet there's this boy. One that she rescues from her brother and his vicious ways, and one that pops up every so often as he tries to give her information about her father's death. But Gretchen has a choice to make. Does she want to give up her life as a plaything of Hitler, or would she choose the opposite, to be with a Jewish man?

The book can be found on Goodreads Here and be purchased in the UK here or in the US here

No comments:

Post a Comment