Sunday 13 September 2015

Sea of Stars (Kricket #2) By Amy A. Bartol

Sea of Stars (Kricket #2) By Amy A. Bartol


Published by: 47North
Genre:Paranormal Romance, Sci-Fi, YA/NA


A huge thank you to 47North for letting me read this wonderful book.

Sea of Stars is a fantastic sequel. Most books following such a fantastic first are often rushed or boring because the author takes time to setup for the next or the final. Sea of Stars made me very happy as I was literally continuing on Krickets big adventure.

Following on from Under Different Stars, Kricket is evolving into a true citizen of Rafe and has so far denied most of her Alameedian heritage. Thankfully most of the bad stuff that happened to her in the first isn't over. She's getting stronger and we find out more about those abilities of hers.

War is happening. But it's a classic case of Cassandra with Kricket. You feel awful but understand why the Rafians react like that. It's just a very weird place the reader is placed in but we're completely aware of all sides to the story at that moment.

I admit I skipped a few pages on this book. I got a little bored with all the romance drama between the Alameedian guy (literally cannot remember his name right now) but I was more annoyed with the face she did nothing but run away or be rescued. Yes I know women on Rafe don't fight or anything but surely she could have been allowed to do something remotely active.

I think this is the end of my review for now. When I've read the third and final installment, I might change things a little on here.

Otherwise, Sea of Stars can be bought from Amazon UK or Amazon US,

No comments:

Post a Comment